In Which Shall be Examined Films, Art, and their Intersections (or Lack Thereof)

Friday, April 2, 2010

Ghost Town

I don't have time to do a full-length review at the moment, but because it's been a while since I've posted on my own thoughts, I think it only right to put in something, albeit a rather small something.


This post’s subject: Ghost Town. This comedy starring Ricky Gervais, Tea Leoni, and Greg Kinnear was quite good at times. Most of the humor was delightfully funny, and the satire of health care was excellently well-done. And I found the romance story presented, one between two very awkward people, rather charming. At the same time, however, I must greatly emphasize that quite a bit of the content in the movie is less than appealing. The sexual jokes, etc..., were very gratuitous and made this movie, which I found otherwise quite delightful, much less than it could have been.


If you have any specific questions, please comment and let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment